Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Hello again!

Hello again,

Well, I guess I forgot that I had this.

I suppose it happens to people when lives change. I moved to Brooklyn, NY in 2012 and I am still in New York City, although in a different borough. New York has been quite the adventure for me as I have worked in lighting for theatre and events for the past 3 years. I have gotten to work at some amazing venues in the city and with fascinating people. It has been mostly a crazy, non-stop roller coaster of work and city life, but if you think that means glitz and glamour you are WRONG!

Living in NYC has been such a fantastic experience, but this city is hard. It is expensive and rough trying to make it as a freelancer here. I imagine in any profession that is probably true, but theatre is also seasonal so there are dry spells. I have somehow managed to keep myself afloat and working steadily for the years I have been here and that is a success to me. However, I am getting to a point where I want more things out of life than the adventure in the big city. So, I am starting up this blog again. I want to start writing again to give my thoughts an outlet and hope to help those who may feel the same. I am also looking to shift careers and utilize my English degree for a job in that field so starting up this blog will hopefully jump start my writing. If you have any things you may want to post/talk about comment and I will try my best to respond to thoughtful enquiries.

Until next time,

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment