Monday, January 28, 2013

Jan 28, 2013

Hello,

It has been quite some time since I posted. Mostly because I have been extremely busy with working and living in this fantastic city to even remember that I started this. It is 2013 and already off to a decent year. I got to run the light board for a show at Theatre Row (which is an off-broadway venue on 42nd street). Not to mention that the show was brought over from the Edinburgh Fringe Festival! It was loads of fun to work on and I got to hang out with Scottish people all the time (which is absolutely wonderful and I hope to go and work there someday). I have made a lot of great new friends and co-workers at various places. I am actually getting to work solely in lighting and mostly in theatre. It is absolutely a huge blessing that I have been able to do this. I came up here with no job and one contact in this business and have been so blessed. The people in this business are extremely generous and willing to help me find other work. This city is also a creative heaven. Art is everywhere here. It is truly one of the greatest cities in the world and a joy to live here.

I have also started a NY bucket list of things to do, see, explore, and try while being here. It is already becoming quite lengthy since there are so many amazing things I want to do here (including visiting a vast number of museums, theatres, and restaurants)! I recently went back to the MET and spent almost 4 hours there and still managed to only see a few parts of the building. I forgot how huge and wonderful that place is. I am determined to enjoy it all even if it takes me several months (or more than a year).

Basically, my dream is coming true. I haven't fully figured out what I want to do in my journey but I am managing to work doing what I love in the city of my dreams. It is so much better than I could have ever imagined. I think I'll stay here for a while. :)

-Megan 

No comments:

Post a Comment